Small and medium enterprises and industries (SMEs) make up the bulk of the economic and productive fabric of West Africa, up to 80/95% of companies surveyed in our space according to the Central Bank of the States West Africa. Unfortunately, these enterprises, which represent a strategic lever for industrialization, job creation and inclusive development access to medium and long-term loans, thus limiting their contribution to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the creation of wealth.
To meet this challenge, Invest In West Africa Forum has set up a support system and maturation entitled “Growth Program” in order to select and mature 100 SMEs with high potential and regional ambition, capable of becoming future regional private sector champions.
This program is run by practitioners consultants experienced companies and specialists in their field of intervention that address each topic of the life of SMEs, in an approach tailored to their needs by offering simple and effective tools to implement, respecting the confidentiality of exchanges.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- Support in the Business model : Empowering leaders to gain autonomy for diagnosis and strategic decision making for their own business, with particular emphasis on the financial model of the business.
- Support in the strategy and management of growth : Developing skills to even allow leaders to articulate coherently the development path and expand their business, improve their market understanding and anticipating human needs that can support the growth of SMEs.
- Support in the financial analysis : Bringing the company’s financial analysis tools, assessment of its financing needs, formalization of credit notes or investments to the attention of donors and investors.
WHY SUBMIT ITS PROJECT AND PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM GROWTH
- Benefit from the expertise of experienced consultants.
- Give visibility to your SME in the project Booklet selected in the Forum.
- Network and build strong ties to meet other business leaders, potential customers, business partners, commercial banks for growth or investment, contractors, NGOs, development partners, etc.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
- Being a legally constituted company in an ECOWAS country, and working in one of the following sectors: agribusiness, energy, digital economy, innovation and integration projects.
- Enjoy complete autonomy (less than 25% of the capital is held by a large company).
- Have a minimum annual turnover of 50 millions XOF and maximum of 5 billions XOF and have fewer than 250 employees.
- Balance sheet and income statement 2017 2018, or any authentic supporting documents.
- Proof of salary staffs 2017-2018.