The Growth Program .
Small and medium-sized enterprises and industries (SME-SMIs) are the bulk of the economic and productive tissue of West Africa, up to 80/95% of companies listed in our space according to the of West African States Central Bank.
They represent a strategic lever for industrialization, job creation and inclusive development.
Unfortunately, they come across difficulties when accessing financing, especially medium and long-term loans, thus limiting their contribution into the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and wealth creation. It is estimated that SMEs represent between 20 and 30% of the GDP of African countries against about 60% in developed countries. Despite their limited weight in the wealth production, African SMEs are responsible for about 20 to 40% of jobs, a part rising up to 70% in rural areas.
In response to this crucial challenge, the Invest In West Africa forum has set up a specific support system for West African 100 SMEs, entitled “Growth Program”. With the support of experts and in collaboration with the consular chambers, federations of SME-SMIs, investment promotion agencies of the region, the Forum works to mature for three months companies with high potential, capable of raise and absorb funds during the rounds of tables that will take place during this great meeting.
Integrating the Growth program means:
- Give visibility to your company.
- Benefit from the expertise of experienced consultants for three months to meet the challenges about strategy, structuring, access to market, external growth, development, for SME-SMI.
- Benefit from the support of our team of experts in developing loan requests or investment notes.
- Position yourself in a privileged way to meet business and growth partners during the Forum.
- Benefit in a privileged way the support of development partners, cooperation organizations, private investors, banking partners, investment funds, micro-mesofinance institutions, etc.
Conditions of eligibility :
- Being a legally constituted company in an ECOWAS member country, and practicing in one of the following sectors; agriculture, infrastructure, services, digital economy, innovation and energy.
- Enjoy full autonomy (less than 25% of the capital can not be held by a large company).
- Have a minimum of 50 million XOF to a maximum of 5 billion XOF annual turnover and have less than 250 employees.
- Balance sheet and income statement from 2017 or 2018, or any authentic documentary evidence.
- Proof of the 2017 – 2018 salaried workforce.
- A detailed presentation of your company, on free format, in less than 1500 words.
- Logo of your company.
- Pictures that the candidate will deem useful to transmit to illustrate the subject (ex: photo of the company director and or associates, photos of the team, the company manager, the premises, the product). Candidates agree that these photos will be used as part of the promotion around his nomination if he is named winner and legend with photo credit.